Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly set to lose all their remaining royal patronages.
This comes after it was announced that the couple have recorded a 90 miniutes ‘tell-all’ TV special with Oprah Winfrey.
Palace insiders have said there is ‘no way back’ to official duties for the couple, who quit as working royals and uprooted to the US almost a year ago.
It is understood the Queen is to ask them to relinquish their links with any organisations passed down through the Royal Family.
This means, Harry, 36, would be stripped of his three remaining honorary military titles and potentially his patronages with the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League and the London Marathon, according to the Daily Mail.
As for Meghan, 39, she would have to step down as patron of the National Theatre, a position she was handed the role in 2019, which the Queen had previously held for 45 years.
Meghan and Harry’s links with the commonwealth are also expected to go, though sources said this was a ‘grey area’.
It was confirmed last night that Meghan had agreed to a ‘wide-ranging’ interview with Opray Winfrey. It is believed the programme has already been recorded.
The two women are friends and near neighbours in California. Opray was even in attendance at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s wedding in 2018.
One source described the interview as ‘one of the most inevitable and, sadly, predictable consequences’ of the ‘Megxit’ saga.
According to Daily Mail, the interview will air next month on CBS and the couple will discuss their move to the United States.
The interview will be staged in two parts, with Meghan first speaking about everything from ‘stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work to how she is handling life under intense public pressure’.
She will then be joined by Harry and the couple will speak about their move last year and their future ‘hopes and dreams for their expanding family’. Titled ‘Oprah With Meghan And Harry: A CBS Primetime Special’, the programme will air on March 7.
It will be the first time the pair have spoken publicly about their shocking decision to leave Britain and step down from their working roles in the Royal Family.
It follows news that the couple are expecting their second child. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they were ‘overjoyed’ at their pregnancy, revealed on Valentine’s Day.